STA PRO-D Policy:
4 - LOCALLY DEVELOPED CONFERENCES
4.1 Locally Developed Conferences
- - All facilitators will be initially contacted a minimum of 10 business days prior to registration going live, except in circumstances where this is not possible due to late confirmation.
- - All facilitators are required to complete an STA Workshop Proposal and submit it online by the deadline stated.
- - Once registration is live on our website, we are unable to accommodate additional facilitators.
- - All fees and expenses must be pre-approved by the STA Pro-D Committee. All non-STA members who are charging a fee for their workshop or have expenses must submit invoices and receipts directly to email@example.com. STA members who have expenses must also submit their receipts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- - All workshops require a minimum of 8 participants to run.
- - Registration will close one week prior to the conference.
- - All workshop facilitators with fewer than 8 participants will be notified that their workshop is unable to run (and if applicable, will not be paid an agreed upon fee).
- - In addition, all the participants in the cancelled workshops will be notified via email and given the option to register for an alternative session.
- - In the event that a workshop needs to be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, attendees will be notified via email. If the workshop is cancelled on too short notice, attendees will be notified at the event. In both circumstances, attendees will be given opportunity to register for an alternative session.
- - STA members shall not charge a fee for providing workshops, or other Pro-D opportunities or services in regard to a Pro-D Event, for other teachers in School District 62.
- - Honoraria amounts for workshops or presenters is subject to the approval of the STA Pro-D Committee.